Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The essence of love


There is not a day that passes that I do not thank the Lord for giving me such a loving and stable family life. All my life I have wanted things to be a little more challenging but the mire of comfort has finally allowed me to sink in and enjoy living in contentment with all that I do have.

Gautama Buddha talked much of the giving up of desires and I think what he meant was that contentment would cause the ebb of desire and that is why the maitreya is always laughing. I think when speaking of love: desire , affection, consideration, camaraderie are all talked about and made much of, but contentment has no oomph and hence gets little or no press. To me that is the essence of love.....that is my little Tao in this short married life.

No comments: